Brooke has been home one week now, and it feels like she's been with us forever. Her adjustment has been incredible, and we are so thankful for the love and care she was given at New Day for the last year and a half- it has truly made Brooke's adjustment and attachment process so much more seamless than we could have ever expected or hoped for. She fits completely into our family and we just love her to pieces.
Things we have learned about Brooke:
- She LOVES sno-cones/ice cream/any other sweet treat. The mere mention of "ice cream" causes her to break out into fits of giggles and excited arm waving.
- Water fountains are her favorite toy. Especially when the water splashes all the way down her shirt front. Even better when big sister behind her gets splashed as well.
- Swimming is the greatest invention of all time. She has NO FEAR. Purposefully jumps in and dunks her head under water- telling whoever is supervising her in the pool to "move....I do!!!". What.a.character.
- She is absolutely the spunkiest, craziest, most fun-loving kiddo. Continuously on the go and knows EXACTLY what she wants...and let's you know exactly what that is until you give in :)
- She loves, loves, LOVES her big sister Erica. Anything big sister does, Brooke wants to do. She loves wearing outfits that match Erica and will even demand to have a matching hair bow in. She will also only let Erica push her stroller if Erica is around. Too precious.
Erica graduated from Kindergarten on Thursday night- it was too precious watching Brooke enjoy Erica's performance with her class. She excitedly yelled "JIE JIE!!!" (big sister) when Erica walked across the stage to get her diploma, and as soon as the ceremony was over, Brooke RAN to Erica to give her a huge hug. Erica did a great job- played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the piano in front of everyone and sang her heart out with her class! Brooke had too much fun dancing along to all the songs and pretending to sing with us :)
|Erica with part of her precious class!|
|Sweet, sweet sisters. Brooke was SO excited to hug on Erica when her performance was over!|
|Four sisters. Best friends.|
|The whole fam. Excuse Cole's pained expression. The likelihood of getting 8 people to look at the same camera at the same time has become slim to none :)|
|Brooke was a HUGE fan of the after-ceremony refreshments. She loved the cake. Understandably. :)|
|And licking the plate to finish it off. HA.|
Brooke has brought so much joy into our life- we cannot imagine life without her and are loving every single day. She is absolutely hysterical and we are continually amazed with how much she is picking up and able to mimic. She is too precious- we are too blessed.
Thank you all for your prayers!!!!!!